Thursday, May 22, 2014

the circle | summer goals

I'm pretty excited about summer finally being here, so this month's The Circle link-up is just perfect – talking about summer goals. This is a monthly link-up hosted by the sweetest Kiki, and this month she has Samantha as her co-host. It's all about building fellowship and meeting other bloggers, so I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts from the link-up!

Here are some pretty broad summer goals I'm setting for myself. Keep me accountable, people!

1. Read, read, read. I'm already getting close to finishing my first book of the summer, but I've got a long way to go if I want to make a substantial dent in my reading list! I'm setting my goal for at least 10 books for the whole summer (not counting the textbook for my summer class – gross).

2. Get outside! Starting this one later today when Matt and I go on our first hike of the summer (finally!). I want to explore all around Ohio's best outdoor spaces and just get lost with my favorite guy.

3. Blog more. I've been really unmotivated, uninspired, and just plain lazy with this online space. I'm ready to be intentional with this blog and get back to the roots of what I really love to post about – faith in God, photography, and food.

4. Start running again. I must say, I had a wonderful love affair with running for over a year. I was so proud of the endurance I had built and how I actually enjoyed running (in a love-hate kind of way). But then once I started my new job it just sort of... stopped. I kept making excuses saying I just needed to find a way to fit it into my schedule, and with summer I think it should be no problem!

5. Take more photos. I need to learn to better capture all my favorite moments because that's my favorite way of preserving things. I believe that photos take you right back to that one moment or that special place, and it's just magical to me. I own a fancy-shmancy camera for a reason so I better use it!

What are your goals for this summer?

In Its Time

6 comments:

  1. I love these so much! Good luck with running, reading and blogging! What's the first book you're about to finish? I have reading on my summer goals list too! As well as running more often and blogging. I can't wait to see more posts about faith and food -- hope you have an amazing summer Julie!

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Read, read, read" is one of the top ones on my list, too! Got more books on my bookshelf to read than I have fingers on my hands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really nice top5 ^___^
    I like that you want to run more :P
    I can't :c but I can surely dig #5!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So these are the perfect-est summer goals ever. Like I want to do each and every one of them, too! Do you have any book recommendations?

    And I'm excited that you're getting a chance to hike, too! I can't wait to read the posts about your summer adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hiking one! We're going out this morning! Does wonders for the soul right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your goals - they are really good and I need to do some of them myself.

    ReplyDelete