Monday, December 30, 2013

NYC // part one


I don't even have words for this trip to NYC.

The city is crowded beyond belief, the stores are hot, and you're hit with about fifty smells every second, but there's a magic to it all. The magic of city lights and a bustling crowd at Christmas time. Of people hurrying along, couples holding hands, little kids with their parents staring wide eyed at their surroundings. Of the excitement of thousands of restaurants to choose from and a beautiful sight around every corner. Of Christmas cheer spread to each and every street and shop window. It's a rare feeling that you don't get to experience in most places, and it's overwhelming and great all at once. Honestly, all I can really say is: New York, I love ya.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, exactly yes--that is New York! Great photos, it looks like you guys had a chance to see quite a lot of the city. So glad you had a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip!!!! Since Nate and I are going in April, I'd love to know what sites/restaurants/etc you'd recommend and what you'd recommend we avoid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of you and Matt with you in the polka dot sweater made me laugh cause the girl to the far left is giving y'all the side eye!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip. Except for the visit to Yankee Stadium, but we all know I'm a Red Sox girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love NYC!! That photo of the clock is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That girl is for sure mean mugging you haha! I would love to go one day, nyc seems so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures! NYC is a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete