Sunday, July 29, 2012

sunday social

Two link ups in a row? Yeah, I'll say it: I have nothing else to post about right now. My heart just isn't in the right place to write out so many of my thoughts lately, but I'll be working on it this coming week.

So I found this link-up through Aimee's blog who I found because of another link up on my blog which she commented on (very sweetly I might add). Funny how the world works like that.

Oh, and she has a really cute cat. And red hair like me. So you should probably go check her out.

Anyhoo, this link up is over at A Complete Waste of Makeup. I really love this idea, so I just had to do it! And plus, I don't have to think of the questions or topics myself, they're just given right to me. Total gold for a girl with writers block.


Alright everyone, it's time to get socialized:

1. What is your dream job?
Okay, well I've definitely wanted to be a surgeon for years now. I'm starting to doubt the long long hours I'll someday be working, so we'll see where I wind up. Definitely something awesome in the medical field though!

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Hmmm. I think/talk about this often with people. It would be hard to just drop out of college at this point. I feel like I'd get bored later on and regret not continuing my education. Buttttt, if I were to drop out, I would spend my days blogging (of course), taking plenty more photographs, opening a bake shop and eating tons of sweets (then hiring a personal trainer), and traveling. I would travel to some of the beautiful places I've been dreaming about visiting. Well, first I'd go to Disneyworld and have the time of my life. Only then could I feel free to conquer the rest of the world.

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Like most kids, I changed my mind a few times. At first it was always a vet, because I have a gigantic bleeding heart for animals. Then I went through a brief lawyer phase. And when I was much younger I went through just about every profession I could think of and dreamed about it. I even wanted to be a firefighter, which is hilarious because I'm actually pretty afraid of fire. I finally settled on being a surgeon before my sophomore year of high school.

4. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Well, umm, I work part time in retail, sooo... there's quite a bit. Just keeping a level head with customers is the most important thing. People WILL get mad at you. People WILL say hurtful things to you. And somebody may scream at you at some point – if you're oh so lucky. To be honest, I'd probably just tell them to quit right away. Customers are ridonckulous these days!

5. Biggest pet peeves either in life or in blogging or at work.
These are so hard to think of and it's so hard to gather them all together! At work I really hate when customers try to tell me how to do my job. Are you the one wearing the name tag and making minimum wage working here? I don't think so, lady! In general, I don't like big messes; people who mis-treat animals and kids; honeycomb pattern (I know, weird); and people who don't finish their dessert. I mean, come on, how can you not finish that beautiful piece of cake in front of you?!

6. Biggest fears:
SPIDERS. Oh my goodness, I just hate creepy crawlers. Don't give me any of that "they're more afraid of you than you are of them" crap. It's so beyond false. I also have this strange/irrational fear of video cameras and being filmed. Again, weird.


This post has seriously brought a lot of my crazy quirks to light, but I had a good time writing it so I'll definitely be checking in next week to do this again!

Have a super Sunday everyone!




2 comments:

  1. well good luck whatever you decide! long hours seem part of the territory of success these days....
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm so glad you stopped by! I'll be over to check out your blog and learn more about you. Can't wait to see what I find :)

      Delete