Saturday, March 24, 2012

date night jar

Date night! The night of the week couples love (myself included). Who doesn't love spending a night with their honey, just one on one? Doing new things, going out, adventuring, all that jazz.
I don't know about you, but I'm usually stuck in a rut on plans and actually going out. A lot of times, Matt and I end up inside on the weekends for "date night" (if you could call it that). I don't mind that at all, but we always want to go out but have absolutely no ideas. Then I feel like a lame old hermit lady, and that's really no good.

So, going against my not-so-spontaneous character, I made a date night jar which was inspired by this pin. To the original owner of this idea, I tried to find the original link on pinterest, but no luck. Whomever you are, I give you credit and I thank you! 

Inside the jar, there are sticks inside with plenty of different ideas on them. We'll pick one together, and then whatever the stick says, we have to do it. I just bought the jar and sticks at the craft store for super cheap (yay!). The rest of the decor was old scrapbooking/craft stuff I had around.

I'm really excited to try it out and see how it goes for us! In the end, obviously, all that matters is being together and enjoying each other's company :)





Also, did you know that March is apparently national crafting month? How did I not know about this until today?!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love your blog-it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your date night jar is one of the best ideas I have seen in a while. What a fabulous idea. Seriously, I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and you made it look so good! Linking to it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an adorable craft idea! I want to make one for my honey & I now, too!! Thanks for the tip! When I do get around to making one I'll be sure to link back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I googled date night jar and found you. Saw Rock Hall and Coventry at first and got excited that you are from my hometown! Cleveland Rocks! I moved away about 5 years ago and miss it dearly. You made my day, and your date night ideas are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello there and tɦank you for yokur info – I
    have dеfinіtely pіckeԁ up somethոg new from right here.
    I dԁid however exрertise a few technical issues using
    tɦis site, since I experiencеd to reload the site many
    times previous to I could get іt to load correctly.
    I haԀ been wondering if your hosting iss OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loadinɡ instаnϲes times will often
    affect your plaϲement in gooogle andd ϲould damaǥe your hіgh-quality score if ads anԁ
    marketing with Adwords. Anyway I amm adding this RSS to my email
    and caո look out for a lot more of yоur respective fascinating content.
    Make ѕuгe үou update this аgaain very soon.|

    Also visit my site - aplikacja do wypełniania pitów 2013

    ReplyDelete